Safeguarding the environment, the health and safety of its employees, customers, neighbours and others who may come into contact with, or be affected by, our operations and products is a responsibility to which Thomas Leach Colour attaches the highest priority.
All waste paper is recycled, as are printing plates. We use vegetable based inks and all paper comes from sustainable sources. Papers with either FSC® (FSC-C108218) or PEFC™ (PEFC/16-33-1327) certification are available.
Our air conditioning is by evaporative water cooling, which uses 20% of the power that a conventional system would, the lights in the machine room are self adjusting, according to the levels of natural daylight and much of the lighting elsewhere in the building is triggered by motion sensors.
As part of our commitment to environmental performance,Thomas Leach Colour will conduct its operations in line with the internationally recognised environmental standard, ISO 14001:2004.
Environmental Policy Statement
Thomas Leach Ltd. t/a Thomas Leach Colour® attaches the highest priority to the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its employees, customers, neighbours and others who may come into contact with, or be affected by, our operations and products. As part of our commitment to environmental performance Thomas Leach Colour will conduct its operations inline with the internationally recognised environmental standard, ISO 14001:2004.
It is our policy to:
- Ensure employees and workers act in accordance with this policy and Thomas Leach Colour’s Environmental Management System and have the relevant competences to fulfil their environmental responsibilities
- Ensure that pollution through accidental emissions or effluent discharges are prevented
- Where possible avoid or reduce waste and material usage ensuring unavoidable waste is reused, recycled or recovered or disposed of responsibly
- Monitor and seek to reduce resource usage including electricity, water, gas and fuel consumption
- Ensure the environment performance of our suppliers is assessed and that buying decisions take into consideration environmental impacts
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and guidelines
- Set and monitor environmental objectives and targets
- Foster a sense of responsibility for the environment amongst our employees and workers, with consideration for all stakeholders including the local community
- Continually strive to improve Thomas Leach Colour’s environmental performance
The Board shall be responsible for this policy and for ensuring that it remains relevant. This will be achieved through formal annual review. However, it is the responsibility of every employee to ensure we adhere to the principles and aims set out in this policy statement.
25th August 2017